Tuesday, June 15, 2010

styling and lighting


isn't it funny how procrastination just snowballs? playing around with different styling for my etsy products has been on my to do list forever. the next thing i know, it is summer break and i feel like i need to push it off even more now that the munchkins are home and want to go swimming every day! but today, i forced myself, really forced myself to attempt new photographs and i am pretty happy with the outcome. yes, the image needs to be crisper, and the color needs to be a bit whiter, but all in all, i think it is descriptive and a nice composition. the part i love is how the lit light bulb blows out the background and you don't see any lines of the bulb at all.


i will most likely use my new light tent to take the detail shots, but i wanted to see how they would look on the blue table as well.

check list items:
  1. learn to shoot in manual mode so i can enable the white balance corrector on my camera.
  2. add extra lighting behind photograph.
  3. shoot tons and tons of my items so i can post them in the shop and send them on to happy homes!
what do you think? is this an appealing way to stylize my lamps. should i add some reading glasses or something to the photo?

2 comments:

  1. Great job! And I LOVE that lamp base, a real beauty. And, it looks fab on the blue table - gorgeous!

    I just bought a new camera 2 days ago (haven't had one for over 2 years, and have never really used one much), so I'm having heaps of fun experimenting with it.

    Only prob is the light here at the moment is sooooo dull... the weather is so dreary, grey clouds everywhere. So I've had every light on in the room, the curtains thrown back, and I'm slowly getting used to fiddling around with things.

    Just took my first ever 'original' photo for my own blog. Not perfect, but fun to do!

    How great it's your Summer hols.... you have 3 months off I think (the children)? We get 5 weeks in our Summer, and I love it (I'm a teacher in my 'real' job)!

    Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want that lamp. Like right now.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. i love reading each and every one and am thrilled you decided to visit linwood avenue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails